Tuesday, June 9, 2009

Vacation #1



This spring we were able to go up to West Yellowstone. We stayed in some cabins in Island Park and drove into Yellowstone most days. Sam loves the country up here and I love getting out with my family. We saw quite a few animals and experienced all kinds of Spring weather. Up there was sun and rain and snow. So we were prepared for anything. It was fun to hike in snow, find treasures at Yellowstone Lake (which I haven't seen frozen before - pretty cool), sit in the sun and walk along the river by our cabins.





My favorite picture is of "my boys" looking in thier binoculers. When I came over and asked them what they saw. Sam said "Some mountain goats," Stockton said," We see goats," and Dawson says pretty loudly," I see a guy!" The man just laughed as he walked next to the truck -As you can see Dawson's binoculers are backwards and is not looking in the same spot as the other two.


Up there we met some nice people because everyone is a friend and happy to just talk to each other. One lady was talking to us telling about all the bears and other animals they had seen when Dawson gets up and exclaims to her, "Yea, well we have chickens!" It really was fun.

4 comments:

kelli said...

We just got back. We should plan a trip up there together. we miss you guys!

Linn said...

Those are the cutest pictures! Glad you guys had a great time!

Heather said...

I love your pictures. You will have to show me more.

Amy said...

What a fun trip. Your boys are so grown up already! I liked the binocular picture-cute!