I wonder where April Fools Day came from? Who decided to pick one day to play tricks on people. Nevertheless, I think it is kind of fun.April 1st was Monday, so I had to work and the kids went to the sitter. Sam got off the same time as me that day so he went home to start dinner while I picked up the kids. He told me he wanted to play a little joke on the boys and feed them dog food. So all the way home I talked to the boys about how hungry we were and that we was so excited for Dad to have dinner ready right when we got home.
We walked in and the table was set so nicely with flowers for the centerpiece and Sam had each plate dished up with a pile of dog food.
Stockton just looked at it then looked at me like "Really?" (He often checks with me to see if Sam is kidding -because Sam teases them so much), Dawson smiled and took a bite. We then explained what April Fools was and they both thought it was so funny. Sam pulled out a chicken pasta that was really good.
The April Fools joke that was not as funny was Dawson (2 & 1/2 yrs) flushing Stockton's (5yrs)toothbrush down the toilet. He thought he was funny and just laughed when Stockton came crying to me. When he got in trouble Dawson yelled at me, "It's not funny to my little chickens or my big chickens!!" It really wasn't funny for a whole week when our toilet wouldn't flush and I had to plunge it all the time. Good thing I am married to a plumber who got the toothbrush out last night. Stockton cried again when I thew it away. He didn't understand why I couldn't just wash it off. Dawson really has been a jokester since he was tiny. I am amazed at how some things are just born in them.
No comments:
Post a Comment