Saturday, October 4, 2008

I love to hear my kids pray.

It is always interesting to hear what the boys are going to say when they pray. Somethings are predictable but others are just fun. Almost everytime Stockton will say "bless for the Gospel, bless for dad to be safe, bless Dawson to sleep good" no matter what prayer it is. Yesterday I took them hiking to explore Fall. I had told them the night before that we were going, so Stockton woke up extra excited. In the morning prayer he said "bless for we won't get lost when we go hiking." Well we went hiking, collected lots of leaves, acorns and rocks and made it back just fine. Thanks to Stockton's prayers.

Dawson's prayers are also fun. Usually Stockton will ask to say the prayer, but when he is done Dawson will be pretty upset and say "He didn't pray a Rose." (Rose is our dog). So Dawson has to say a prayer and bless Rose and everything he sees, "Bless a chair. Bless a beans. Bless a fork. Bless a that. (while he is squinting and pointing to something)." So when we try to wrap it up by saying "In the name." He will wisper that part then pause and yell "AMEN." This is how Dawson's prayers go except for in church when I say, "Fold your arms. We are going to say a prayer." He will reply in his not so quiet voice, "I don't wanna pray!" So I have to just let him play to keep him quite.

4 comments:

Linn said...

Teresa, I am so thrilled you found me! Thanks for your comment and I was so excited to see your cute blog. Your boys are absolutely darling! I will definitely keep checking back. Thanks again and glad you are all doing well!

kelli said...

Your kids are so cute. I am sorry I didn't get back to you last week. I would like to get together this week. I will call you!

The Johnson Crew said...

Hey Teresa, I think you need to post something new so I have tagged you. Check out my blog

Amy said...

Isn't it amazing how fast time flies! Your boys have grown so fast! It's fun to see the pictures. I found your blog through Brandi's-what a good sister! It looks like you are doing well. I'm glad.