
Our Stake Relief Society gave us a challenge in October to try to have a "Heart Like His." We were asked to be aware of our own heart - whether is was open and soft or closed and hard. We were asked to try to have an open heart toward others without making any special arrangments in our day. We just go about our normal day and try to face each situation with an open heart. The whole challenge was inspired by this book by Virginia Pearce.
I read the book and really took the challenge. I wasn't successful all the time - in fact I noticed how often I had a hard heart. But I also had experiences that I would not have had if I hadn't been aware of how my heart was. These were not huge experiences just sometimes I was nicer to people at the store and while driving. I took more time to listen and really be a friend to others at work - when I felt pressed for time. And most importantly I took a little more time to read and play with my kids. I did not get as angry as I could have with them or my husband. I recommend this book and this experience to everyone. It definately makes me happier when I have a heart more like his. I plan to re-read this book every so often to help me remember to try and have a softer heart more like my Saviors.
No comments:
Post a Comment