Well, yesterday we got 5 baby chicks. Stockton and Dawson have been so excited about them. They have named them Spot, George, Cloe, and Poop. They feed them from thier hands and hold them as much as I will let them. Stockton has asked if we can learn about chickens on the internet and has plans to set up his "Egg Shop." He plans to sell the eggs to his grandma for $1.00. Although, on the other hand Dawson says he will charge $4.00 for his eggs. I wasn't so sure about them but seeing all my boys (including Sam) be so excited about them it will be fun. I am also happy about the opportunity to teach my kids some resposibility in feeding them, collecting eggs and running thier egg shop. 
Sam has wanted chickens for quite awhile but I have been holding him back. Finally after convincing me and much thought, planning, and discussions with a couple nieghbors, Sam designed his hen house and decided on the type of chicken he wanted. I just hope things go as planned and our dog doesn't enjoy them for lunch.
2 comments:
Teresa - thanks for sharing your blog with me! Your boys are adorable. Our worlds might look pretty similar since we are both surrounded by boys.
I just invited you to our blog. Take a peek if you'd like.
Marcie
Hey T!
You are a brave woman. I won't even let David and Elyzabeth get a cat. I hope for the sake of all involved that your little chicks survive, too:) Love you lots!
Chalae
Post a Comment