Thursday, September 18, 2008

My Hero



My dear Grandpa Johnson passed away this last week. He is one of my greatest heros and I will miss him. He is my first Grandparent to go and it was no fun. He had a stroke and did not wake up for 4 days then passed away. He was brought home from the hospital and we all had a chance to sit with him. I didn't know if I would want to hold his hand or be there but I am so glad I was. It was one of the neatest experiences to be with him. The spirit was so strong. With 10 kids, 51 grandkids and 59 great grandkids there was always a full house.

Grandpa was an amazing man. He was honest, posittive, a hard worker, a great priesthood holder, patriotic, and accepting of everyone. As we honored him at his funeral I realized how much I want to be more like him. I have got a lot of work to do. I am glad to know that I will see him again.
I love you Grandpa!!




2 comments:

KayDe said...

Teresa, I am so sorry to hear that your Grandpa Johnson passed away. He was a great man. I remember that he was the first bishop we had when we moved to Kaysville 24 years ago. I have great memories of trick-or-treating to your grandparents' house since they invited everyone in for home-made doughnuts! I know he will be very missed.

kelli said...

I am sorry about your Grandpa. I can tell that you really love him!